IVECCS 2013 was attended by over 2500 vets, techs, managers and students. See details below:
• 1618 – Veterinarians
• 74 – Technicians
• 57 – Practice Mgrs
• 102 – Students
Sub Total: 2522
• 463 – Exhibitors
• 46 – Job Fair Reps
• 195 – Guests
This was the second highest total attendees only surpassed by IVECCS ‘11 when 2,700 vets, techs managers & students attended. This included 330 international registrants from 27 foreign countries. The state-of-the-art symposium was again conducted jointly by the Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (VECCS), American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC), and the Academy of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Technicians (AVECCT). The American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists (ACVAA) again met at IVECCS and presented two tracks of Research Abstracts as well as coordinating the IVECCS anesthesia/analgesia program. Additionally, the ACVAA conducted their Diplomate business meetings and candidate certification exams at the symposium. The Academy of Veterinary Technician Anesthetists (AVTA) held their business meetings and Veterinary Technician Specialty (VTS) certifying exam at IVECCS along while conducting a special anesthesia lecture series on the technician program. The International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management (IVAPM) met at IVECCS as an affiliate. The organization held their business meetings, practitioner exam and coordinated a portion of the Pain Management program.
The theme for IVECCS 2013 was “Cardiology: The Heart of Emergency & Critical Care,” and was the focus of several laboratory and diagnostic support topics. Over 430 hours of scientific program presentations by 140 speakers were provided to attendees while still emphasizing the latest in therapeutic interventions utilized in day-to-day practice. Additionally, six special “daybreak sessions” were offered this year as well as many innovative (first time) workshops and wet labs. Symposium program highlights:
• Multidisciplinary Review sessions: attended by 220 vets and 70 techs
• Emergency Surgery Case presentations: Interactive discussions led by ACVS & ACVECC diplomates
• Toxicology lecture & workshop examining common treatment mistakes
• Two transfusion medicine dry labs
• 4 half-day modules focusing on canine and feline EM/CC cardiology
• Updates on CPR, Sepsis, Fluid therapy: Breakthrough technologies and treatment protocols presented
• ACVECC Year-in-review: Overflow sessions providing in-depth literature reviews
• A day of Leadership & three days Practice Management sessions including interactive workshops
• ACVECC also offered CPR certification testing for the first time.
Symposium surveys showed very strong satisfaction with IVECCS as 98% of attendees responding said they would recommend IVECCS to a colleague and over 97% indicated they would attended another IVECCS within two Years. IVECCS 2014 will be held September 10-14 at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis.